FAQ - Eyebrows
Commonly asked questions:
HOW LONG DOES MICROBLADING/OMBRE POWDER/COMBINATION LAST?
Microblading – up to 2 years
Ombre Powder – up to 3 years
Combination – up to 3 years
WHEN SHOULD I COME IN FOR TOUCH-UPS?A complimentary touch-up is done within 6 – 8 weeks after the initial appointment. Annual refreshers are recommended to maintain shape, colour and detail.
CAN I WEAR MAKEUP?
No makeup or moisturizers on the brow area during the healing period.
DOES IT HURT?Pain threshold levels vary from person to person. All we can say is – beauty is pain! Topical anesthetic cream and gel is applied on prior and during the procedure to ensure you remain comfortable during the procedure. Topical anesthetics used may contain: lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and epinephrine. After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the area is completely normal.
WHAT TYPES OF PIGMENTS ARE USED?The pigments used in cosmetic tattooing come in a variety of colors that are specially formulated. We use iron oxide pigments; these pigments fade over time as your body will naturally absorb it. They are considered the safest semi-permanent pigments to use for skin.
IS THE STUDIO AND EQUIPMENT USED SAFE?The highest level of sanitation standards must be used when it comes to permanent makeup. This is very important especially when there are open skin wounds involved. At Bijou, we only use single use disposable needles, tools and supplies. After each client, everything is discarded safely before the next client. Each disposable needle is opened in front of you before use and our stations are thoroughly disinfected using cavi wipes.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR A SERVICE?
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not take Advil or other blood thinners such a Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen prior to your procedure. Extra strength Tylenol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance.
- Avoid sun tanning 30 days before and after your procedure.
- If you have been on Accutane in the past, you must wait at least a year before considering this procedure.
- Botox should be done 1 month before and 1 month after the procedure.
- Do not have any types of facial peeks 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- No waxing or threading a day before.
- Do NOT pick, scratch, and peel the scabs. Please allow the scabs to fall off naturally.
- Do NOT expose your tattoo to sun for at least 30 days. Once your tattoo has healed, you can apply sunscreen to the area when going out in the sun. Constant exposure to the sun can cause the tattoo to fade prematurely.
- No swimming, saunas or steam rooms for two weeks. You want the area to stay dry.
- No moisturizers or makeup on the brow area until wounds are scabbed up.
- Do not apply Polysporin, Vaseline or any product containing Lanolin or healing agents.